dcsimg
How to set system properties for VAJ EJB test environment?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Terry_Koyn
Posted On:   Monday, March 26, 2001 11:26 AM

I have a need to set the System Properties for the Visual Age for Java 3.5 EJB test environment (running under Windows NT) to add a property that is visible as a system property when I start the EJB server within Visual Age for Java. In particular, the property needs be visible at the time that the server constructs session beans during the startup process. I tried setting it in the class properties for the class com.ibm.ejs.server.EJSServer, but the property was not visible when the following code code executed: String prefix = System.getProperty(PropertiesMaster.PROPERTIES_FILE_PREFIX_SYSTEM_PROPERTY_NAME,PropertiesMaster.DEFAULT_PROPERTIES_FILE_PREFIX); The two constants in this line were defined as follows: static final St   More>>

I have a need to set the System Properties for the Visual Age for Java 3.5 EJB test environment (running under Windows NT) to add a property that is visible as a system property when I start the EJB server within Visual Age for Java. In particular, the property needs be visible at the time that the server constructs session beans during the startup process. I tried setting it in the class properties for the class com.ibm.ejs.server.EJSServer, but the property was not visible when the following code code executed:

String prefix = System.getProperty(PropertiesMaster.PROPERTIES_FILE_PREFIX_SYSTEM_PROPERTY_NAME,PropertiesMaster.DEFAULT_PROPERTIES_FILE_PREFIX);

The two constants in this line were defined as follows:

static final String
PROPERTIES_FILE_PREFIX_SYSTEM_PROPERTY_NAME =
"PropertiesFilePrefix";

static final String
DEFAULT_PROPERTIES_FILE_PREFIX= "DEV_";

It turned out that prefix was set to DEV_ even though I had "PropertiesFilePrefix=TEST_" in the class properties for com.ibm.ejs.server.EJSServer. I use the Windows NT version of Visual Age for Java 3.5. Where should I insert my property so that it may be visible at the required time. (It is preferred if I can enter it somewhere in the IDE, but acceptable if I can put it in the Windows system environment in the control panel if that will work).

Thanks in advance for any help.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact