Servlets and Oracle Data Base
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ms_report
Posted On:   Monday, March 19, 2001 03:45 AM

Hi I am developing an application using servlets and oracle data base. The problem is that databese is very huge and what hapens is as follows 1: when i do query in the dta base containg millions of records the browser times out 2: query becomes very slow 3: it is not good to show the user millions of records at the same time What I neeed ????? 1: how to avoid the browsers time out 2: i want that if i execute a query the servlet remain executing it but when it has searched first 1000 record i show it to user and after some time or when he/ she click the "next records " link show the next 1000 records. that is while he/she is viewing the first 1000 re   More>>

Hi

I am developing an application using servlets and oracle data base.
The problem is that databese is very huge and what hapens is as follows

1: when i do query in the dta base containg millions of records the browser times out
2: query becomes very slow
3: it is not good to show the user millions of records at the same time

What I neeed ?????

1: how to avoid the browsers time out

2: i want that if i execute a query
the servlet remain executing it but when it has searched first 1000 record i show it to user and after some time or when he/ she click the "next records " link show the next 1000 records.
that is while he/she is viewing the first 1000 records servlet may complete its remaining search. in this way user will remain in touch in he will not come to know the slowness of the system

(**** how to achieve it****)

3: i think it is just like a search engine which search the billions of records but shows only first limits of records

4: how to manage this record piecibg (partitioning).

Kindly help me. Am waiting for a kind respomse.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact