dcsimg
!_NEWLINE_!I'm trying to use the new createFont() method of Font...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Burkert
Posted On:   Thursday, November 9, 2000 02:28 PM

I'm trying to use the new createFont() method of Font in JDK 1.3 to load a TTF font in an applet. I successfully used the method in a stand alone application, both loading the font from a local file and from a URL. However, attempting to load a font from a URL in an applet throws a SecurityException during the execution of the createFont() method when the applet is loading. It seems that the file is being found, and the stream is being opened. But it looks like the createFont() method is attempting to write a temporary file to disk which results in a SecurityException because such violates the applet security model. Can the createFont() method be used in an applet? Is that not it's intended use? Why is this method at   More>>

I'm trying to use the new createFont() method of Font in JDK 1.3 to load a TTF font in an applet.

I successfully used the method in a stand alone application, both loading the font from a local file and from a URL.
However, attempting to load a font from a URL in an applet throws a SecurityException during the execution of the createFont() method when the applet is loading. It seems that the file is being found, and the stream is being opened. But it looks like the createFont() method is attempting to write a temporary file to disk which results in a SecurityException because such violates the applet security model.

Can the createFont() method be used in an applet? Is that not it's intended use? Why is this method attempting to write a temporary file?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact