Calling dependent targets multiple times
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Matt_Be
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 14, 2011 06:34 PM

I would like to call a dependent target twice. The target is used to set a property before and after an intermediary step of calling a tool. Here's a pretend example of what I mean: I'm executing whatev Original file size: ${oldFileSize} New file size: ${filesize} In this example I want to call target whatev and see the old and new sizes of the file, but when it is executed the the filesize property is not updated. I can see in the script output that the target getFileSize is not executed twice like I would have hoped. Is there a way to force the execution of a dependent target multipl   More>>

I would like to call a dependent target twice. The target is used to set a property before and after an intermediary step of calling a tool. Here's a pretend example of what I mean:

I'm executing whatev
Original file size: ${oldFileSize}
New file size: ${filesize}

In this example I want to call target whatev and see the old and new sizes of the file, but when it is executed the the filesize property is not updated. I can see in the script output that the target getFileSize is not executed twice like I would have hoped. Is there a way to force the execution of a dependent target multiple times in a dependency list?

Please note that this example is contrived but makes the point.    <<Less

Re: Calling dependent targets multiple times

Posted By:   Matt_Be  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 14, 2011 06:40 PM

I would like to also point out that the increaseFileSize target should have an executable name something like fileSizeIncreaser and that it does not set an output property. I'm sorry, this was a cut and paste error but hopefully you can understand what I mean... Thanks.
About | Sitemap | Contact