dcsimg
mod_rewtite and htacess issue
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gary_Sheldon
Posted On:   Monday, November 21, 2011 01:23 PM

I have Apache 2.2.21 and Apache Tomcat 6.0.33 installed on Windows 7 64-bit Laptop (please don't anyone scream at me at this point I am new to this). I think I have things configured correctly, but I am having difficulty with a friends site. I have supposedly a copy of the entire site, but I am having an issue with the mod_rewrite aspect of the site. I have installed mod_jk.so so that Apache is my frontend and all JSP requests are passed to be processed by Tomcat and I have the LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so uncommented and I believe is working as I cannot see any errors in the error logs other than if I click a link which is supposed to be redirected using mod_rewite and I end up with a page cannot be found error. Can an   More>>

I have Apache 2.2.21 and Apache Tomcat 6.0.33 installed on Windows 7 64-bit Laptop (please don't anyone scream at me at this point I am new to this). I think I have things configured correctly, but I am having difficulty with a friends site. I have supposedly a copy of the entire site, but I am having an issue with the mod_rewrite aspect of the site.

I have installed mod_jk.so so that Apache is my frontend and all JSP requests are passed to be processed by Tomcat and I have the LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so uncommented and I believe is working as I cannot see any errors in the error logs other than if I click a link which is supposed to be redirected using mod_rewite and I end up with a page cannot be found error.

Can anyone tell me if this to be expected as part of a htaccess file which is located at the root of the site:

RewriteEngine on
#oifrfgioeruhgireuhgiuhergi
RewriteRule Audi$ category.jsp?makeID=1

Also, do htaccess files natively work on a windows system, or is that my issue and does anyone know how I can rectify this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact