Layout manager for a very simple problem: placing components in a container with a fixed width and vertically scrollable.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anoyz_anoyz
Posted On:   Thursday, November 10, 2011 08:48 AM

So, the problem is very simple: I want to layout (many) components in a panel, horizontally. I want them to be placed until there is horizontal space, and when they reach the end of the panel, continue on the next line (so, basically, wrapping the components just like with FlowLayout). Also, I want the panel to be vertically scrollable, that is, when components go beyond the height of the panel, add a vertical scrollbar. This should be easily done putting a panel with FlowLayout inside a ScrollPane, but that doesn't work. =/ I found a variation of the FlowLayout (ModifiedFlowLayout) online, and it does work. However, it has some bugs. For instance, when using many components (as is the case), it has a very    More>>

So, the problem is very simple:

I want to layout (many) components in a panel, horizontally. I want them to be placed until there is horizontal space, and when they reach the end of the panel, continue on the next line (so, basically, wrapping the components just like with FlowLayout). Also, I want the panel to be vertically scrollable, that is, when components go beyond the height of the panel, add a vertical scrollbar.

This should be easily done putting a panel with FlowLayout inside a ScrollPane, but that doesn't work. =/

I found a variation of the FlowLayout (ModifiedFlowLayout) online, and it does work. However, it has some bugs. For instance, when using many components (as is the case), it has a very unusual behavior, and is very slow.

Anyone suggest a layout manager, or any other solution?

<<Less

Re: Layout manager for a very simple problem: placing components in a container with a fixed width and vertically scrollable.

Posted By:   jester_g  
Posted On:   Saturday, January 28, 2012 03:52 AM

I have also the same problem and I am still looking for a solution. I would really appreciate it if someone could answer the question. Thanks.

Keisha M. Beasley

home remedies for acne
About | Sitemap | Contact