Initializing class variable at tomcat startup and retain its values throughout server time
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anuj_Batra
Posted On:   Sunday, October 16, 2011 03:57 AM

Hi All, I have a requirement that on tomcat server startup i want to read an XML file that takes my application configuration and assign those values to the respective classes. Eg. DatabaseConfiguration (Class having static methods): Has values like username and password for DB. WebsiteConfiguration (Class having static methods): Has some configurations related to website. Initialization (Context class): Loads on tomcat startup. Reads XML and sets values in above classes via static methods. Everything goes fine on startup values get initialized. But when i try to get the values from configuration file in servle   More>>

Hi All,

I have a requirement that on tomcat server startup i want to read an XML file that takes my application configuration and assign those values to the respective classes.

Eg.

DatabaseConfiguration (Class having static methods): Has values like username and password for DB.

WebsiteConfiguration (Class having static methods): Has some configurations related to website.

Initialization (Context class): Loads on tomcat startup. Reads XML and sets values in above classes via static methods.

Everything goes fine on startup values get initialized.

But when i try to get the values from configuration file in servlet or jsp. i get a null value. Probably the lifetime of Classes expires.

How do i make the class to persist those values as long as my server is started ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact