dcsimg
help please with "package javax.servlet does not exist"
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   wes_buc
Posted On:   Saturday, July 16, 2011 06:16 AM

Hi All, I am having some issues and need help. I am new at Java developement and need to do an assignment. My Virtual has the following: - Tomcat 5.5 - jdk 1.5.0_02 - Textpad I have heard that there are better IDE's but not interested as Textpad is plain and simpel to me for what I need to do. Now the problem I am getting when importing javax.servlet.* I get the following when compiling - package javax.servlet does not exist - cannot find symbol symbol: class HttpServlet I did research and all says that the classpath needs to change to point to 'C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 5.5commonlibservlet-api.jar' so I took the steps to do this but then I   More>>

Hi All,

I am having some issues and need help. I am new at Java developement and need to do an assignment. My Virtual has the following:

- Tomcat 5.5
- jdk 1.5.0_02
- Textpad

I have heard that there are better IDE's but not interested as Textpad is plain and simpel to me for what I need to do.

Now the problem I am getting when importing javax.servlet.* I get the following when compiling
- package javax.servlet does not exist
- cannot find symbol symbol: class HttpServlet

I did research and all says that the classpath needs to change to point to 'C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 5.5commonlibservlet-api.jar'
so I took the steps to do this but then I get another error 'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: myTest'.

Can anyone please tell me how would be the simplest to get around this and what am I missing??

Kind regards,

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact