Embedded tomcat not displaying page content
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Matthew_Ho
Posted On:   Friday, April 15, 2011 12:54 AM

I have a Tomcat Embedded instance that has been working for long time, with the following programming sequence. The new change is that I added JSP servlet and mapping in the web.xml jsp org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet ... The problem is that I am only getting a BLANK page when the jsp is accessed. I am sure tomcat can read the jsp. because when i try a invalid jsp page name. it says resource not found. Since it is an embedded Tomcat, I don't know where to see the error? Instantiate a new instance of this class. Call createEngine() to create an Engine object Call createHost() to create at least one virtual Host associated with the newly created Engine   More>>

I have a Tomcat Embedded instance that has been working for long time, with the following programming sequence.

The new change is that I added JSP servlet and mapping in the web.xml

jsp
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet

The problem is that I am only getting a BLANK page when the jsp is accessed.

I am sure tomcat can read the jsp. because when i try a invalid jsp page name. it says resource not found.

Since it is an embedded Tomcat, I don't know where to see the error?

Instantiate a new instance of this class.
Call createEngine() to create an Engine object
Call createHost() to create at least one virtual Host associated with the newly created Engine,
engine.addChild(host).
Call createContext() to create at least one Context associated with each newly created Host:
[code snippet:]
final Context context =
this.embedded.createContext("/DIS", webapp);
context.setPrivileged(true);
host.addChild(context);

add it to the corresponding Host with host.addChild(context).
Call addEngine()
Call createConnector()
Call addConnector() to attach this Connector
Call start() to initiate normal operations

Any Tomcat Guru out there???
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matthew

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact