How to pass a script variable in onclick event of html:link so that I can display it in a text box.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Raaja_G
Posted On:   Friday, April 1, 2011 07:44 AM

Hi, I have to pass a script variable in onclick event of html:link so that I can display it in a text box. the code I have written is function setName(str){ document.getElementById("folderPath").value=str; } ]]>]]> <;%=folderNameIt%>)"> <%=folderNameIt%> But its not transferring the value of scripting variable but simply passing <%=folderNameIt%> as a whole. and displaying <%=folderNameIt%> in the text box not its value How to achieve this or is there any way to set the value of the scripting variable in to the text box. This should be done only when the link is clicked. --Thanks, raa   More>>

Hi,

I have to pass a script variable in onclick event of html:link so that I can display it in a text box.

the code I have written is

<;%=folderNameIt%>)"> <%=folderNameIt%>

But its not transferring the value of scripting variable but simply passing <%=folderNameIt%> as a whole. and displaying <%=folderNameIt%> in the text box not its value

How to achieve this or is there any way to set the value of the scripting variable in to the text box. This should be done only when the link is clicked.

--Thanks,
raaja.g
   <<Less

Re: How to pass a script variable in onclick event of html:link so that I can display it in a text box.

Posted By:   vikram_singla  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 24, 2011 08:11 AM

Hi raaja,

Why r u setting it this way.Follow steps below 4 ur req:
1)Store scripting variable in form's hidden variable.

This should solve ur purpose
About | Sitemap | Contact