Unable to access servlet after publishing website on cpanel
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   shafidah_shafiee
Posted On:   Saturday, March 5, 2011 03:05 AM

hi, I need help :( I'm trying to deploy a website via an interface called cpanel that is provided by the hosting co. The directories I have at the moment are: - public_html - images - WEB_INF - classes - lib My JSP files are in the public_html folder and servlets are in the classes folder. On my home.jsp i have the following form: ... (initially I wrote the action attribute as='UserLogin' but it returns an error saying resource is not found. According to e hosting co I need to specify the action attribute as above. Its kinda strange as I dont have a servlet folder to begin with. Anyway it works.) So upon submission of the form I'   More>>

hi, I need help :(

I'm trying to deploy a website via an interface called cpanel that is provided by the hosting co.

The directories I have at the moment are:
- public_html
- images
- WEB_INF
- classes
- lib

My JSP files are in the public_html folder and servlets are in the classes folder.

On my home.jsp i have the following form:

(initially I wrote the action attribute as='UserLogin' but it returns an error saying resource is not found. According to e hosting co I need to specify the action attribute as above. Its kinda strange as I dont have a servlet folder to begin with. Anyway it works.)

So upon submission of the form I'll get to the UserLogin servlet. At the end of the servlet, I used the following to return control to my home page:

RequestDispatcher dispatcher = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/home.jsp");
dispatcher.forward(request, response);

But this will take me to www.domain.com/servlet/home.jsp which is non-existent.

Any idea how I can resolve this? My hosting co doesnt seem to know what theyre doing.. unfortunately.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact