dcsimg
log4j.properties in unix
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manon_Laws
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:43 AM

Hi, I have a log4j.properties file that I have set to print debugging information for a few variables in my code and this works in the windows envrionment but when I uploaded the war file to a unix machine, I do not get the debugging statements. Why the different behavior between the two? Here is a snippet of my file: log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, CONSOLE, FILE #log4j.appender.FILE.File=C:/DEV_ENV/logs/myapp.log log4j.appender.FILE.File=/opt/tomcat/logs/myapp.log log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender log4j.appender.FILE.Append=true log4j.appender.FILE.DatePattern = '.'yyy-MM-dd log4j.appender.FILE.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout log4j.appender.FI   More>>

Hi,

I have a log4j.properties file that I have set to print debugging information for a few variables in my code and this works in the windows envrionment but when I uploaded the war file to a unix machine, I do not get the debugging statements. Why the different behavior between the two? Here is a snippet of my file:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, CONSOLE, FILE
#log4j.appender.FILE.File=C:/DEV_ENV/logs/myapp.log
log4j.appender.FILE.File=/opt/tomcat/logs/myapp.log
log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.FILE.Append=true
log4j.appender.FILE.DatePattern = '.'yyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.FILE.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FILE.layout.ConversionPattern = %d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} %c{1} [%p] %m%n

log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{DATE} [%-15.15t] [%x] %c.%M(%F:%L)%n%p: %m%n

# Disable the digester errors for the struts config parsing
log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.digester=WARN
#log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=OFF
log4j.logger.org.apache.commons=WARN
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=WARN
log4j.logger.org.apache.jasper=WARN
log4j.logger.org.apache.struts=WARN
log4j.logger.org.quartz=WARN

Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact