dcsimg
How to attach a junit test to a running process
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ananth_CB
Posted On:   Friday, April 30, 2010 05:31 AM

Hi, Is it possible to test a runtime scenario using junit? For instance, similar to attaching an eclipse debugger to a running process, attach a junit test suite to an already running JVM? The reason why I have this doubt is because, I am making changes to a small part of a huge code base, but in order to test the small code change a lot of other objects have to be populated before invoking the test method. Also, attaching to a running process similar to eclipse debugger, would help me simulate run time scenarios and check if expected exceptions are thrown by the method being tested by Junit. Please get back to me if my question is not clear. Thank you Warm Regards Ananth cbananth@   More>>

Hi,

Is it possible to test a runtime scenario using junit? For instance, similar to attaching an eclipse debugger to a running process, attach a junit test suite to an already running JVM?

The reason why I have this doubt is because, I am making changes to a small part of a huge code base, but in order to test the small code change a lot of other objects have to be populated before invoking the test method. Also, attaching to a running process similar to eclipse debugger, would help me simulate run time scenarios and check if expected exceptions are thrown by the method being tested by Junit.

Please get back to me if my question is not clear.

Thank you

Warm Regards

Ananth

cbananth@gmail.com    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact