dcsimg
To Add the Expand collapse functionality in a .jsp to display and hide the data using rich:dataTable JSF component.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   vamsi_krishna
Posted On:   Sunday, December 13, 2009 09:23 AM

Requirement: To Add the Expand collapse functionality in a .jsp to display and hide the data using JSF component. Details: Here I'm able to get the data from webservices to jsp. While displaying the data there is a provision to show and hide some of its data Example: If Suppose there are 3 rows(Student data) coming from database, Say each row as Student for instance. and Each student is associated with some courses(Say course1, course2 and course3). Appearance should look like this: Table1: Details S.No S.Name S.Address -------------------------------- + 10 Alex Texas + 20 John   More>>

Requirement:
To Add the Expand collapse functionality in a .jsp to display and hide the data using JSF component.

Details:

Here I'm able to get the data from webservices to jsp. While displaying
the data there is a provision to show and hide some of its data

Example:

If Suppose there are 3 rows(Student data) coming from database, Say each row as Student for instance. and Each student is associated with some courses(Say course1, course2 and course3).

Appearance should look like this:

Table1:

Details S.No S.Name S.Address
--------------------------------
+ 10 Alex Texas
+ 20 John Dallas
+ 30 Nick Newyork

Now if we click on + button associated with first record, it should exapand and show the first record details and - button to be displayed as shown below.

Table2:

Details S.No S.Name S.Address
--------------------------------
- 10 Alex Texas

course1 : Java
cpurse2 : j2ee

- 20 John Dallas

course1: .Net
course2: php

+ 30 Nick Newyork

And when when we click on - button it should hide the data and should display the above data as Table1.

Code I've used in Jsp page:

Here I got all the data dynamically. The only problem is UI arrangement(Displaying it). I've put the S.No, S.Name and S.Address fields in one and course details in another . Both columnGroup are embedded in

Here I am facing a problem while displaying courses for each student(Means expand/collapse or show/hide). Facing problem to include a div or a subTable or something else in dataTable.

Request you to help me in this regard and let me know in case any details
required from my end.

Sincerely,

Vamshi

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact