JUnit framework test suite for multiple websites sharing common methods
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Deon_Cravalho
Posted On:   Thursday, October 22, 2009 01:54 PM

Greetings, Was wandering if someone had a "best framework solution" idea to implement JUnit test cases in a single suite; the suite will be testing Java methods that support 5 different websites. The only 'difference' in the methods, is a different param is passed into the main method which determines what processing to do. For example: public void doSomething(String emailAddress, String WebSite website, String customerName); The WebSite object will tell you which of the 5 different websites you are using/on, and thus what subsequent other methods get called, or rather can be called (and thus tested via JUnit). So alot of my JUNit test cases will be very similar, exce   More>>

Greetings,

Was wandering if someone had a "best framework solution" idea to implement JUnit test cases in a single suite; the suite will be testing Java methods that support 5 different websites. The only 'difference' in the methods, is a different param is passed into the main method which determines what processing to do. For example:

public void doSomething(String emailAddress, String WebSite website, String customerName);

The WebSite object will tell you which of the 5 different websites you are using/on, and thus what subsequent other methods get called, or rather can be called (and thus tested via JUnit).

So alot of my JUNit test cases will be very similar, except they pass in a different WebSite object, because you need to test all the 5 websites and what methods they can call to execute.

Any thoughts on best methodologies moving forward, to make a clean suite of tests? I am formulating ideas, but most of my experience has been testing a single suite website, so this concept is a bit different for me.

I hope that I have presented enough info to present a general answer to my question, in starting the framework set-up. Thank you.

<<Less

Re: JUnit framework test suite for multiple websites sharing common methods

Posted By:   Deon_Cravalho  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 22, 2009 02:04 PM

P.S. Obviously passing in a different WebSite object (5 times) would work. Just trying to see if there is another idea/concept out there, which eliminates/streamlines the JUnit test cases so that they do not look so redundant.
About | Sitemap | Contact