IE Automation
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sesha_a
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 13, 2009 01:05 PM

Hi I like to automate my application UI functionality testing. I know how to reproduce the events using Robot java calss. But I find difficulty i recording the events, rather attaching the event listener to the IE. How do we do that? I tried like below. But I am unable to get control of IE. I used activex object to open the application in IE. That always opens in a new window. My requirement is that I need to attach event listener to that child window. I can make it close by calling quit method. But instead of window.attachEvent if I use Explorer.attachEvent then it throws error. Is there any way I can get control of the child window or a way i can open it in the same window and attach events? Is there a way    More>>

Hi

I like to automate my application UI functionality testing. I know how to reproduce the events using Robot java calss. But I find difficulty i recording the events, rather attaching the event listener to the IE. How do we do that? I tried like below. But I am unable to get control of IE.

I used activex object to open the application in IE. That always opens in a new window. My requirement is that I need to attach event listener to that child window. I can make it close by calling quit method. But instead of window.attachEvent if I use Explorer.attachEvent then it throws error. Is there any way I can get control of the child window or a way i can open it in the same window and attach events? Is there a way to do this either in JSP or in javascript?
Please help.

Part of my code is like below:

<<Less

Re: IE Automation

Posted By:   xiaoyuandlg  
Posted On:   Sunday, January 19, 2014 07:45 PM

<![endif]-->

Never done this in java. But, I heard that some C# UI testing is able to achieve what you were talking about. However, those things mustn’t be easy.

About | Sitemap | Contact