BC4J deployment on tomcat
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Intikhab_Khan
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:28 PM

I am attempting to deploy a jsp page to Tomcat 5.5 and JDK1.5.0_14. The page uses some of the web data beans that are generated by jDeveloper 3.1.1. The page will run fine in JDev, however when I deploy to Tomcat I receive the following error. I copied proprties file in following three different locations for testing but no luck: D:apache-tomcat-5.5.23sharedclasses D:apache-tomcat-5.5.23webappsRightsWEB-INFclasses D:apache-tomcat-5.5.23webappsRightsWEB-INFlib Exception: ---------- org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.RuntimeException: JSP Registry could not locate runtime property file:theIMO_trs_bc4J_Bc4JModule.properties    More>>

I am attempting to deploy a jsp page to Tomcat 5.5 and JDK1.5.0_14. The page uses some of the web data beans that are generated by jDeveloper 3.1.1. The page will run fine in JDev, however when I deploy to Tomcat I receive the following error.

I copied proprties file in following three different locations for testing but no luck:

D:apache-tomcat-5.5.23sharedclasses

D:apache-tomcat-5.5.23webappsRightsWEB-INFclasses

D:apache-tomcat-5.5.23webappsRightsWEB-INFlib

Exception:

----------

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.RuntimeException: JSP Registry could not locate runtime property file:theIMO_trs_bc4J_Bc4JModule.properties

Root Cause:

------------

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: JSP Registry could not locate runtime property
file:theIMO_trs_bc4J_Bc4JModule.properties

I have looked at the Tomcat documentation and found that any classes or resources that my web app needs
should be stored in appnameWEB-INFclasses or appnameWEB-INFlib if
contained in a jar file. The properties file is currently in both locations. I
first added it to the lib directory as part of the deployed jar file. Then, I
also placed a copy of the file in the classes directory. Neither way works.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can tell Tomcat to look at this file.

<<Less

Re: BC4J deployment on tomcat

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Saturday, September 5, 2009 01:18 PM

I am new 2 web content devt and i cant even
deploy using tomcat6 i cant tell if d problem 's my web.xml
or something coz while d localhost loads d webapps in d example folder dat in mine doesnt run atall. Pls help!!

I hv tried everything n am considering another prog like XAMPP but i'd rather use tomcat
About | Sitemap | Contact