dcsimg
Loading Servlet
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ahmed_Abdullah
Posted On:   Sunday, August 2, 2009 05:14 AM

I've read this paragraph in a textbook introducing servlets: A servlet is loaded by the servlet container the first time the servlet is requested. The servlet then is forwarded the user request, processes it, and returns the response to the servlet container, which in turn sends the response back to the user. After that, the servlet stays in memory waiting for other requests-it will not be unloaded from the memory unless the servlet container sees a shortage of memory. Each time the servlet is requested, however, the servlet container compares the timestamp of the loaded servlet with the servlet class file. If the class file timestamp is more recent, the servlet is reloaded into memory . This way, you don't need to restart the   More>>

I've read this paragraph in a textbook introducing servlets:

A servlet is loaded by the servlet container the first time the servlet is requested. The servlet then is forwarded the user request, processes it, and returns the response to the servlet container, which in turn sends the response back to the user. After that, the servlet stays in memory waiting for other requests-it will not be unloaded from the memory unless the servlet container sees a shortage of memory. Each time the servlet is requested, however, the servlet container compares the timestamp of the loaded servlet with the servlet class file. If the class file timestamp is more recent, the servlet is reloaded into memory . This way, you don't need to restart the servlet container every time you update your servlet.

I can't get the statement in bold. What is that timestamp being compared and why would the timestamp of the loaded servlet differ than that of the servlet class file.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact