dcsimg
inputText customization (newbie)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shailesh_Paranjpe
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 29, 2009 07:31 PM

I would like to enable inputText to accept only doubles Use cases: Input 1t (or T) and the control should display it as 1000 (with locale based formatting) Input 1000 and the control should display 1000 with locale based formatting 1t(or T) as 1000 and so on for millions, billions.. I created custom converters and in getAsObject attempted to convert from the string to the appropriate double amount. ( I never get into the converter code because there is no POST action yet- I think). I want the "conversion" to happen when the user tabs out of the field. What are the possible approaches to this problem? I would like to do this on the serverside as I want to follow a similar approach for some other con   More>>

I would like to enable inputText to accept only doubles
Use cases:
Input 1t (or T) and the control should display it as 1000 (with locale based formatting)
Input 1000 and the control should display 1000 with locale based formatting
1t(or T) as 1000 and so on for millions, billions..

I created custom converters and in getAsObject attempted to convert from the string to the appropriate double amount. ( I never get into the converter code because there is no POST action yet- I think). I want the "conversion" to happen when the user tabs out of the field.

What are the possible approaches to this problem? I would like to do this on the serverside as I want to follow a similar approach for some other controls I would need where the formatting depends on some other information being passed from the client.

Regards
--
Shailesh

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact