dcsimg
Task to resolve
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ann_K
Posted On:   Thursday, April 23, 2009 08:05 AM

Hello, I’m rather very beginner in XML and therefore I’d like to ask anybody to help me in carrying out the task describing below: TAKS: You have to prepare XML file with corresponding DTD document containing data describing a sked in the hypothetical semester of full-time and extramural studies. 1) The main element of document is semester, described by its name (academic year and information if it is a summer or winter semester) 2) Within the semester classes are take place in defined days (Monday, Tuesday, …, Saturday, Sunday). In case of extramural studies, the semester consists of defined number of two-days meetings , that are characterized by the dates of these meeti   More>>

Hello,

I’m rather very beginner in XML and therefore I’d like to ask anybody to help me in carrying out the task describing below:

TAKS:

You have to prepare XML file with corresponding DTD document containing data describing a sked in the hypothetical semester of full-time and extramural studies.

1) The main element of document is semester, described by its name (academic year and information if it is a summer or winter semester)

2) Within the semester classes are take place in defined days (Monday, Tuesday, …, Saturday, Sunday). In case of extramural studies, the semester consists of defined number of two-days meetings , that are characterized by the dates of these meetings

3) In every day, at specified hours, classes of specific subject take place – here we have to distinguish between the type of classes, i.e. lecture, laboratory, classes (exercises). The number of room should be also presented (e.g. lecture 1 – room no 12). Moreover, in case of full-time studies, even and odd weeks should be distinguished.

4)The correctness of documents should be verified through XML and DTD validators.

Create the appropriate XSL document allowing to display your hypothetical sked in the form of:

1) information about semester

2) information about weekend when meetings of extramural studies take place

3) a table with classes arranged on Monday ( in case of extramural studies – Saturday)

4) a table with classes on Tuesday (Sunday – extramural studies)

Other requirements:

- different subjects have different background colors

- different forms of classes have different font style ( e.g. lecture – in bold, laboratory and exercise – italic)

- classes being held in even and odd weeks should be distinguished.

Let’s assume we have:

Academic Year: 2008/2009

Semester: summer

Studies: full-time studies

MONDAY:

8.00 – 9.30 – Gymnastics ; form: exercise; room: A16

9.45 - 11.15 – Object programming; form: lecture; room: 427B >br>
11.45 – 13.15 – Databases; form: laboratory, room: 17B

TUESDAY:

8.00 – 9.30 – Mathematics: lecture; room: A45

9.45 - 11.15 – Object programming; form: laboratory; room: 251C

11.45 – 13.15 – Databases; form: lecture, room: 11A

Could anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact