dcsimg
JSF 1.2 Custom Component - Body Content From Backing Bean
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   SriVidya_Sharma
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 18, 2009 09:25 PM

Hi I am developing a custom component using JSF 1.2 . My tag class extends UIComponentELTag and has variables of data type ValueExpression. The values for these are getting set from the corresponding attributes of the tag. (Using setProperties function) Example, #{backingBean.mainContent} I am stuck when I try to get the bodyContent of the tag as a binding value. This is how far I have proceeded: This is the code in doAfterBody() public int doAfterBody() throws JspException{ if(bodyContent!=null) { String body = bodyContent.getString(); FacesContext context = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance(); UIComponent   More>>

Hi

I am developing a custom component using JSF 1.2 . My tag class extends UIComponentELTag and has variables of data type ValueExpression.

The values for these are getting set from the corresponding attributes of the tag. (Using setProperties function)

Example,

#{backingBean.mainContent}

I am stuck when I try to get the bodyContent of the tag as a binding value.

This is how far I have proceeded:
This is the code in doAfterBody()

public int doAfterBody() throws JspException{

if(bodyContent!=null) {
String body = bodyContent.getString();
FacesContext context = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
UIComponent component = super.findComponent(context);
MyComp myComp= (MyComp) component;
myComp.setMain(body);

}
bodyContent.clearBody();
return SKIP_BODY;
}

If the body of the tag does not contain binding value, this code works fine. I want to check if the body has binding value and then set the value from the bean.

In JSF 1.1, I checked this using isValueReference(body). How do I achieve this in JSF 1.2?

I could not find any examples of getting the body content as binding value anywhere. Please help me out.

Thanks.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact