dcsimg
Example usage of IMAPFolder.ProtocolCommand
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   rich_allen
Posted On:   Friday, March 13, 2009 07:22 AM

Hi I have been searching all week for some sample code for java IMAP implementation using IMAPFolder.ProtocolCommand. My existing code uses the normal API calls but there is a requirement to only download a message body and headers but without any attachments. Another requirement is to download unread mails only. I have currently implemented this by downloading the whole mailbox then checking the system flags, bit a bit of a performance hit ! I know this sort of stuff can be done with raw IMAP protocol commands, and am assuming this is what the IMAPFolder.ProtocolCommand is for. There must be something out there on the mighty Google, but I cant find it : - (    More>>

Hi

I have been searching all week for some sample code for java IMAP implementation using IMAPFolder.ProtocolCommand.

My existing code uses the normal API calls but there is a requirement to only download a message body and headers but without any attachments.

Another requirement is to download unread mails only. I have currently implemented this by downloading the whole mailbox then checking the system flags, bit a bit of a performance hit !

I know this sort of stuff can be done with raw IMAP protocol commands, and am assuming this is what the IMAPFolder.ProtocolCommand is for.

There must be something out there on the mighty Google, but I cant find it : - (

Any help very much appreciated, Rich

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact