dcsimg
JSF performance optimization
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Oliver_Yuen
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 3, 2009 03:35 PM

I am using Sun's JSF 1.2 and Richfaces 3.3.0 to develop a web client. In my client application, I bind a tab panel to a tabpanel component in my backing bean. Inside of the getTabPanel() method, I dynamically generate tabs for which each tab includes a datatable containing approximately 50 records. When I run my client in IE 6, I am getting a 20 seconds delay before the app. shows fully with tabpanel, tabs, and tables fully populated. I then did some timing measurements in my backing bean code and it turns out that the time it took to generate the whole tabpanel was only approximately 100 ms. So I am suspecting that the time was mostly spent on the rendering phase? if so is there a way to optimize it or a better way of doing this?    More>>

I am using Sun's JSF 1.2 and Richfaces 3.3.0 to develop a web client. In my client application, I bind a tab panel to a tabpanel component in my backing bean. Inside of the getTabPanel() method, I dynamically generate tabs for which each tab includes a datatable containing approximately 50 records.

When I run my client in IE 6, I am getting a 20 seconds delay before the app. shows fully with tabpanel, tabs, and tables fully populated. I then did some timing measurements in my backing bean code and it turns out that the time it took to generate the whole tabpanel was only approximately 100 ms.

So I am suspecting that the time was mostly spent on the rendering phase? if so is there a way to optimize it or a better way of doing this?

Any help/tips will be appreciated, thanks!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact