i m developing a jdbc application using sql server 2005, i want to handle an sql exception during login procedure.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Lawrence_Pereira
Posted On:   Monday, February 2, 2009 11:21 PM

I am developing a jdbc application using sql server 2005. i have created a login Page which access the database for login ID and password. when i enter the correct login Id and password it allows me to login and when i login with a slight spelling mistake in the login Id or password it displays Incorrect Login ID and password which i have coded to handle that. but when i login with different login ID and password for example abcdefg and password also same and this login ID is not present in the database, it displays no message like Incorrect Loging ID and Password, and even there is no exception error displayed. could you please tell me where am i going wrong. can you also tell me, after loging into the application with correct Login ID and Password the login Form is    More>>

I am developing a jdbc application using sql server 2005. i have created a login Page which access the database for login ID and password. when i enter the correct login Id and password it allows me to login and when i login with a slight spelling mistake in the login Id or password it displays Incorrect Login ID and password which i have coded to handle that. but when i login with different login ID and password for example abcdefg and password also same and this login ID is not present in the database, it displays no message like Incorrect Loging ID and Password, and even there is no exception error displayed. could you please tell me where am i going wrong. can you also tell me, after loging into the application with correct Login ID and Password the login Form is disposed and a new form is created and i need to display the same Login Id with which i loged in on the top of the form, how can i do that. as the login id and username extracted from the database is stored in the variable which is in the login Form source code how can i use that variable to display username and login id. i have 7 form in my java application and each form is having its own main method. Could you please assist me on this as i am a new and learning programmer in Java

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact