dcsimg
IMAP client
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adithya_Reddy
Posted On:   Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:03 AM

I am doing a project on javamail..The objective of the project is to develop an additional client communication module that uses IMAP/POP protocol to access emails from IMAP/POP servers and render them in MUA client. This feature would make MUA client independent of existing backend and gives it additional capability to access mails from any third party email servers like Outlook Exchange server. Right now i am in design phase .. This is what i need to do.. Create ImapCMD interface - declare execute function Sudo code: public interface IImapCMD { public Object execute() throws IMapException; } Then for each command implementation create corresponding class and implement ImapCMD interfa   More>>

I am doing a project on javamail..The objective of the project is to develop an additional client communication module that uses IMAP/POP protocol to access emails from IMAP/POP servers and render them in MUA client. This feature would make MUA client independent of existing backend and gives it additional capability to access mails from any third party email servers like Outlook Exchange server.

Right now i am in design phase ..
This is what i need to do..

Create ImapCMD interface - declare execute function

Sudo code: public interface IImapCMD {
public Object execute() throws IMapException;
}

Then for each command implementation create corresponding class and implement ImapCMD interface.

Ex: If you are implementing Select command, create SelectCMD class and implement ImapCMD interface with all functions. In execute function, send request to Server and get the response and result and return it.

sudo code: public class SelectCMD implements IImapCMD {
public Object execute() throws IMapException {
//implementation
}
}

Similarly create classes for each command.

Finally create ImapImplementor class where we can execute all the commands sequentially. If any positive response required from previous command, we can store in this object.
The commands that we are trying to implement are the following ones..

1. Authenticate
2. Login
3. Logout
4. Select & Examine
5. Search
6. Fetch
7. Store
8. Copy
9. List
10.Status

Please help me in writing the code for these commands

<<Less