Searching related words using Lucene.NET
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kedar_Mahajani
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 7, 2009 04:34 AM

I want to allow user to enter a word for searching the indexed data and code should also search for words which are related to it. Ex. Someone enters a First name of a person to search for however search should be done on First name or Last name of the person. There might be some records which has only First name of the person and there might be some records which has only last name of the person. Code should be able to search for both and produce the result. Could you please tell me how we can achieve this using Lucene.NET? Also I am interested in knowing how we can achieve search of related topics. Ex. If I search for vehical insurance, then it should also produce search for "Car Insurance", "bike insurance" etc. (Related topics). Coul   More>>

I want to allow user to enter a word for searching the indexed data and code should also search for words which are related to it. Ex. Someone enters a First name of a person to search for however search should be done on First name or Last name of the person. There might be some records which has only First name of the person and there might be some records which has only last name of the person. Code should be able to search for both and produce the result. Could you please tell me how we can achieve this using Lucene.NET?

Also I am interested in knowing how we can achieve search of related topics. Ex. If I search for vehical insurance, then it should also produce search for "Car Insurance", "bike insurance" etc. (Related topics). Could you please let me know how we can achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,
Kedar

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact