problem with the display of pdf files in a frame
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   voyager_dep
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 6, 2009 05:54 PM

function tryMe(){setTimeout("submitForm()", 1000);} function submitForm(){    document.forms[0].action="/ctx/MyServlet?Id=300";    document.forms[0].submit(); } ]]>]]> I have a main JSF page MainPage.jsp. User clicks on a button in this main page and a new JSF page ChildPage.jsp is opened in another window. The ChildPage.jsp has some data in it and also has 3 iframes and each of them again is a jsp (say Iframe1.jsp, Iframe2.jsp and Iframe3.jsp. ) Onload of Iframe3.jsp it submits to a servlet and a pdf document is displayed in that. Iframe1.jsp and Iframe2.jsp are JSF pages where as Iframe3.jsp is a    More>>

I have a main JSF page MainPage.jsp.

User clicks on a button in this main page and a new JSF page ChildPage.jsp is opened in another window.

The ChildPage.jsp has some data in it and also has 3 iframes and each of them again is a jsp
(say Iframe1.jsp, Iframe2.jsp and Iframe3.jsp. )

Onload of Iframe3.jsp it submits to a servlet and a pdf document is displayed in that.

Iframe1.jsp and Iframe2.jsp are JSF pages where as Iframe3.jsp is a pure html as below

Please wait, the document is loading...

Now here is the problem.

Sometimes this works fine and sometimes this just doesnt show up the pdf.
I have put debug messages in servlet and it seems there is no error and
the messages shows that the pdf is written to the outputstream,
however i dont see anything on the browser.

I tried adding a delay of 1 minute (as in the javascript above) in submission of the page
the error reduced by 80% but still it occurs sometimes.

What could be the cause. I couldnt think much .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact