dcsimg
Opening existing project in eclipse
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   N_Z
Posted On:   Monday, December 15, 2008 12:22 PM

Hi there, I am new to java and to eclipse. I am trying to open an existing project which I got from source control. My project directory is complete and has a .project file in it. I want the workspace to be the directory that the project is currently in. However, when I am opening eclipse, setting the workspace to be the project directory and then trying to import the project I am getting an error of conflicting workspaces. The only way I managed to open the project via eclipse is by creating a different workspace and import the project for the new workspace. Is there a way to open the project as is in eclipse without creating different workspaces (like opening a cproj/sln in   More>>

Hi there,

I am new to java and to eclipse.

I am trying to open an existing project which I got from source control.

My project directory is complete and has a .project file in it.

I want the workspace to be the directory that the project is currently in.

However, when I am opening eclipse, setting the workspace to be the project directory and then trying to import the project I am getting an error of conflicting workspaces.

The only way I managed to open the project via eclipse is by creating a different workspace and import the project for the new workspace.

Is there a way to open the project as is in eclipse without creating different workspaces (like opening a cproj/sln in visual studio)?

Many thanks!!

N

<<Less

Re: Opening existing project in eclipse

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 8, 2009 10:14 AM

You can open an existing project in workspace without creating a new workspace. After you open the workspace in eclipse, the choose File -> New -> Project, choose Java Project or any other project you want to create and give the name of the PROJECT which you already copied in the workspace.
Then you will see the existing project in eclipse.

Thanks
About | Sitemap | Contact