JavaWebStart application ... "The application has requested permission to establish connections to smtp.xxx.com"
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Marilyn_Perna
Posted On:   Thursday, December 11, 2008 03:04 PM

I have a Java WebStart application which sends emails via the user's smtp service. Our Verisign certificate just expired. Previously, we used Netscape's Signtool to sign the jars. Now we need to use Sun's jarsigner. Signtool worked seamlessly. Now that I am using jarsigner, I get an error messge that the jars had multiple certificates so I had to create separate .jnlp files for the mailapi.jar and smtp.jar and reference them from the main JavaWebstart jnlp file. So I got past that hurdle. However, when the application attempts to send an email, I get the following dialog box pop up each and every time the application attempts to send the email: The application has requested permission to establish connect   More>>

I have a Java WebStart application which sends emails via the user's smtp service. Our Verisign certificate just expired. Previously, we used Netscape's Signtool to sign the jars. Now we need to use Sun's jarsigner.

Signtool worked seamlessly. Now that I am using jarsigner, I get an error messge that the jars had multiple certificates so I had to create separate .jnlp files for the mailapi.jar and smtp.jar and reference them from the main JavaWebstart jnlp file. So I got past that hurdle.

However, when the application attempts to send an email, I get the following dialog box pop up each and every time the application attempts to send the email:

The application has requested permission to establish connections to smtp.xxx.com. Do you want to allow this action?

How do I stop this dialog box from popping up every time the application attempts to send an email?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact