Using a calculated property in a patternset
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Thomas_Newman
Posted On:   Thursday, November 27, 2008 07:35 PM

I am developing a copy task that excludes specific files as defined in a patternset. I need to build this patternset dynamically, setting the excludes attribute with the value of a calculated property. The thing that is tripping me up is that I can get the hand coded and calculated properties outputing the same text using hand coded property: calculated property: Both properties will output: **/a.js **/b.js However the handcoded property will work in my patternset excludes attribute, yet the calculated property won't. Is the issue to do with encoding? Ant uses l   More>>

I am developing a copy task that excludes specific files as defined in a patternset. I need to build this patternset dynamically, setting the excludes attribute with the value of a calculated property.

The thing that is tripping me up is that I can get the hand coded and calculated properties outputing the same text using

hand coded property:

calculated property:

Both properties will output:

**/a.js **/b.js

However the handcoded property will work in my patternset excludes attribute, yet the calculated property won't.

Is the issue to do with encoding? Ant uses latin-1 and my development box (Ubuntu) uses UTF-8.

Perhaps my calculated property is actual a path entity which gets treated differently in the copy task.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Thomas.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact