How to handle logging for simulteanous request
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nikhil_Srivastava
Posted On:   Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:18 AM

Hi all, I have a application which has two functionalities which are similar in nature. The difference is in the nature in which they are processed. One functionality does the entire functionality offline and sends the results and the user specific log to the end user while the other functionality allows the user to do the process the requests online and get the result. The two functionalities can exist simultaneously. In order to provide the logs to the users of first functionality i had written my own appender and configured the log4j xml file to get the INFO messages for each user. However, If there are simultaneous requests from both the functionalities, the info messages which are generated as part of   More>>

Hi all,

I have a application which has two functionalities which are similar in nature. The difference is in the nature in which they are processed.
One functionality does the entire functionality offline and sends the results and the user specific log to the end user while the other functionality allows the user to do the process the requests online and get the result.

The two functionalities can exist simultaneously.

In order to provide the logs to the users of first functionality i had written my own appender and configured the log4j xml file to get the INFO messages for each user.

However, If there are simultaneous requests from both the functionalities, the info messages which are generated as part of second functionality are pushed to the log file containing the info messages of the first functionality.

My question is that is it possible to segregate the logs on the basis of two simulteanous requests.

Thanks,
Nikhil

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact