dcsimg
safari cannot handle BASE64Decoder().decodeBuffer()
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   nabajyoti_bhattacharjee
Posted On:   Monday, November 3, 2008 05:11 AM

request.getHeader("Authorization"); response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_UNAUTHORIZED); response.setHeader("WWW-Authenticate", "NTLM"); to obtain information and used a method sun.misc.BASE64Decoder().decodeBuffer() The code worked fine for most of the browsers for mac safari it went into a loop and was giving null. Also we had implemented the code using a custom filter class. When the code crashed for safari, i tried to change the code and implemented request.getRemoteUser() using NtlmHttpFilter and it worked fine for safari. But we had another requirement to make it domain compatible. When accessed from a different domain the code requst.getRemoteUser() does not seem to work as inside the    More>>

request.getHeader("Authorization");
response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_UNAUTHORIZED);
response.setHeader("WWW-Authenticate", "NTLM");
to obtain information and used a method sun.misc.BASE64Decoder().decodeBuffer()
The code worked fine for most of the browsers for mac safari it went into a loop and was giving null. Also we had implemented the code using a custom filter class.
When the code crashed for safari, i tried to change the code and implemented request.getRemoteUser() using NtlmHttpFilter and it worked fine for safari. But we had another requirement to make it domain compatible. When accessed from a different domain the code requst.getRemoteUser() does not seem to work as inside the ntlmHttpFilter one needs to mention the ip of the domain controller. now, iw as thinking if we cold write the same code in the custom java class filter which we initially built. now for doing that, dependind on the browser type i will choose the code.
However the code request.getRemoteUser() does not seem to work as it is showing null in the result.

can you please find out a way out?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact