dcsimg
Casting exception when loading up application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_Doherty
Posted On:   Thursday, October 30, 2008 09:57 AM

I am migrating an application from struts/jsp to JSF using strut-faces. I am following the steps in the Manning book 'Java Server Faces in Action'. I packaged the app in an ear archive. It works fine. I added the following libraries: commons-beanutils.jar commons-collections.jar commons-digester.jar commons-lang.jar commons-logging.jar el-api.jar jsf-api.jar jsf-impl.jar jstl.jar struts-faces-1.3.8.jar And the following lines in my web.xml. Faces Servlet javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet 1 Struts Servlet org.a   More>>

I am migrating an application from struts/jsp to JSF using strut-faces. I am following the steps in the Manning book 'Java Server Faces in Action'.

I packaged the app in an ear archive. It works fine. I added the following libraries:

commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-lang.jar
commons-logging.jar
el-api.jar
jsf-api.jar
jsf-impl.jar
jstl.jar
struts-faces-1.3.8.jar

And the following lines in my web.xml.

Faces Servlet

javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet

Struts Servlet
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet

Faces Servlet
/faces/*

value="org.apache.struts.faces.application.FacesRequestProcessor"/>

However, when I start the application I get the following error:

javax.faces.FacesException: Can't parse configuration file: jar:file:/C:/jboss-4.2.2-1-jsf/server/default/deploy/pims.ear/pims.war/WEB-INF/lib/struts-faces-1.3.8.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml: Error at line 50 column 14: Error at (50, 14: com.sun.faces.config.beans.ComponentBean cannot be cast to com.sun.faces.config.beans.ComponentBean

I have spent ages looking and can only see one definition of the Component bean class in the jsf-impl.jar and have trying moving around my jars but am exhausted and frustrated.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
David

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact