Sorted search filtered by BitSet
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dan_Parker
Posted On:   Friday, October 3, 2008 07:47 AM

Hi, I have a number of complex Queries that I want to combine (with OR) and apply a sort on the final outcome. I can't use BooleanQuery to combine them as there are potentially 100 to combine so I'm likely to run into a BooleanQuery.TooManyClauses exception. Besides this will be very slow. So my idea is to build up a BitSet for all the matching documents from the list of queries - this part is done. Now I need search the index for all documents, sorted by my Sort and filtered by the BitSet from the previous step. My question is how can I use the BitSet to create a Filter ? Thanks, Dan    More>>

Hi,

I have a number of complex Queries that I want to combine (with OR) and apply a sort on the final outcome. I can't use BooleanQuery to combine them as there are potentially 100 to combine so I'm likely to run into a BooleanQuery.TooManyClauses exception. Besides this will be very slow.

So my idea is to build up a BitSet for all the matching documents from the list of queries - this part is done.

Now I need search the index for all documents, sorted by my Sort and filtered by the BitSet from the previous step. My question is how can I use the BitSet to create a Filter ?

Thanks,

Dan

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact