dcsimg
how to construct an applet in Jbuilder 2007
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Paul_Handley
Posted On:   Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:44 PM

Hi! I'm a beginner to java and like the Borland family of products so I wanted to start out in Jbuilder. I have tried NetBeans and it is so buggy and unpredictable that I gave it up. as I say, I'm a beginner, but not a complete beginner. I've gone beyond the "Hello World" type of program! Basically, I want to create and applet with three input fields(text edit boxes i guess) and two boxes to contain my output figures. I know I'm going to need to convert the string text from the boxes to floats so I can do math on them. I then need to convert the floats back to st6rings to put them in the output labels or edit boxes. I've done this in C++ Builder 5 so I know the math is right. My problem is that I    More>>

Hi!
I'm a beginner to java and like the Borland family of products so I wanted to start out in Jbuilder. I have tried NetBeans and it is so buggy and unpredictable that I gave it up.

as I say, I'm a beginner, but not a complete beginner. I've gone beyond the "Hello World" type of program!

Basically, I want to create and applet with three input fields(text edit boxes i guess) and two boxes to contain my output figures. I know I'm going to need to convert the string text from the boxes to floats so I can do math on them. I then need to convert the floats back to st6rings to put them in the output labels or edit boxes. I've done this in C++ Builder 5 so I know the math is right.

My problem is that I can't find an applet tutorial specifically for Jbuilder 2007. In other versions I have found on the web, the interface is not the same and there is no place to select the applet class after I have created a project.

Can someone please point me to a Jbuilder 2007 tutorial that will explain how to create an applet using swing components?

If no one knows of such a site, can someone please tell me how to create this applet or point me to a Jbuilder forum that could?

Thanks,
Paul    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact