dcsimg
Difference between EJBLocalHome and EJBHome & EJBLocalObject and EJBObject ?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Raghu_Raman
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 23, 2008 03:47 AM

Hi everyone,

Am new to EJB technology. I would like to know about basic EJB terms,

EJBHome, EJBObject & EJBLocalHome, EJBLocalObject

and what is the difference between EJBLocalHome and EJBHome also EJBLocalObject and EJBObject

pls provide me solutions

thanks

Re: Difference between EJBLocalHome and EJBHome & EJBLocalObject and EJBObject ?

Posted By:   Yougandhar_reddy  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 11, 2008 05:10 AM

Anyone help to me

Re: Difference between EJBLocalHome and EJBHome & EJBLocalObject and EJBObject ?

Posted By:   Shan_Thiruvarur  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 30, 2008 01:47 PM

Raghu,

Case 1 :

EJBs are meant to be distributed, that is - an enterprise bean can be deployed in a remote machine and you access it from your local machine. Here, the calling application of yours is residing in your local JVM and the EJB in a remote JVM(remote machine). Hope you are clear abt this JVM thing.

Case 2:

Now, when you just write some EJB for practice, something like your HelloWorldEJB, you deploy it in your own local machine. In this case, your calling program and your EJB reside in the same location, your local JVM( in the same machine ).

In Case 2, you use local home and local object since you know where the EJBs are, not just where they are but since you know that they are deployed where the client or the calling program is running.

Hope this helps ...
I would advise you to go through Google before posting a basic question here. You get lot better answers when you search on your own.
About | Sitemap | Contact