XML file validation
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, July 11, 2008 06:49 AM

I have an xml file and i am parsing the file. Before parsing i have a field by name action it can have ADD or Delte. The XSD is defined for this also. But there is another field FEEDTYPE this can be FULL or DELTA. The requirement is as below If feedtype == full then action should be only ADD. and feedtype==delta then action can be both. I want to achive the above one. Is it possible to specify this in the XSD? If not I want to validate the above rule before parsing since i dont want to parse the file and at the last record find that it is invalid. Please help me in this............. Please use html tags to format code blocks.    More>>

I have an xml file and i am parsing the file. Before parsing i have a field by name action it can have ADD or Delte. The XSD is defined for this also. But there is another field FEEDTYPE this can be FULL or DELTA.

The requirement is as below If feedtype == full then action should be only ADD. and feedtype==delta then action can be both.

I want to achive the above one.

Is it possible to specify this in the XSD? If not I want to validate the above rule before parsing since i dont want to parse the file and at the last record find that it is invalid.

Please help me in this.............

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less

Re: XML file validation

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Friday, July 11, 2008 09:02 AM

I may be wrong, but I don't think xsd (xml schema) is that sophisticated. (DTD definitely isn't.)
About | Sitemap | Contact