JSF AND CONVERTER
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 9, 2008 04:06 AM

Hi All, I am developing a application in JSF wherein,i have a text field(which takes date as input) where i am using dateconverter to convert and validate the date using two techniques- 1)Using default library for the dateconverter; 2)Using a custom converter ; In the first case,i get the default message when leave the date field as empty as "{0}: Validation Error: Value is required." But in the second case,i dont get such message,instead i get the meesage which i have written for when the validation fails.I want to get the same default message as shown above if the field is empty. Can anyone help me out.    More>>

Hi All,

I am developing a application in JSF wherein,i have a text field(which takes date as input) where i am using dateconverter to convert and validate the date using two techniques-

1)Using default library for the dateconverter;

2)Using a custom converter ;

In the first case,i get the default message when leave the date field as empty as "{0}: Validation Error: Value is required."
But in the second case,i dont get such message,instead i get the meesage which i have written for when the validation fails.I want to get the same default message as shown above if the field is empty.

Can anyone help me out.

<<Less

Re: JSF AND CONVERTER

Posted By:   Venkat_Sadasivam  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:48 AM

Try the approach mentioned in this link.

Venkat
About | Sitemap | Contact