dcsimg
intermittent blank printed images
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mike_Mikkelsen
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 8, 2008 04:48 PM

Hello, I'm using java.awt.print from jdk 1.4 to print images on a page. I have implemented Printable on a 'Document' class. The document class gets four images set in it before it's added to a Book; and then the Book printed. When I run the program, the first page always prints all four images. But the second page seems to randomly print one to four images. So sometimes I get a total of 5 images, sometimes 6, etc. One thing to note, that is bothering me, is that with the Graphics2D.drawImage method I'm using in the print method, I have been setting the ImageObserver to null because I'm not sure what it should be. Maybe that's it? Since the document class has all informat   More>>

Hello, I'm using java.awt.print from jdk 1.4 to print images on a page. I have implemented Printable on a 'Document' class. The document class gets four images set in it before it's added to a Book; and then the Book printed.

When I run the program, the first page always prints all four images. But the second page seems to randomly print one to four images.

So sometimes I get a total of 5 images, sometimes 6, etc.

One thing to note, that is bothering me, is that with the Graphics2D.drawImage method I'm using in the print method, I have been setting the ImageObserver to null because I'm not sure what it should be. Maybe that's it?

Since the document class has all information that it needs (ie, images), I can't imagine why it is so flaky. Has anyone else seen this issue?

<<Less

Re: intermittent blank printed images (More Info)

Posted By:   Mike_Mikkelsen  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 8, 2008 05:07 PM

I'm using a button on a jframe to make the print happen. The problems described only happen on the FIRST click. If I decide to print again, the SECOND print job works fine.

>8-(
About | Sitemap | Contact