Ajax driven enterprise app-Template Engine or JSF?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Hafiz_Haq
Posted On:   Friday, July 4, 2008 02:10 PM

Hi all, I need a server side framework to build an Ajax driven application(enterprise level application like the ones from oracle and sap) whichmakes use of YUI and Flex components at the client side. One of theapproaches was to use a template engine(FreeMarker, StringTemplate) to generate theXHTML/CSS/JS files depending on the context. The rest of theclient-server communication would occur mostly with AJAX calls towebservices or JSON and a few post/get methods to servlets. One of the other thoughts in the back of my mind is using JSF as server side framework, with YUI and Flex at the front end. I need help from someone who knows the implication of each approach. I have built a basic prototype with freemarker and it seems it's quite straight forward, but I am kind of a   More>>

Hi all, I need a server side framework to build an Ajax driven application(enterprise level application like the ones from oracle and sap) whichmakes use of YUI and Flex components at the client side. One of theapproaches was to use a template engine(FreeMarker, StringTemplate) to generate theXHTML/CSS/JS files depending on the context. The rest of theclient-server communication would occur mostly with AJAX calls towebservices or JSON and a few post/get methods to servlets. One of the other thoughts in the back of my mind is using JSF as server side framework, with YUI and Flex at the front end. I need help from someone who knows the implication of each approach. I have built a basic prototype with freemarker and it seems it's quite straight forward, but I am kind of afraid about the application overgrowing the capabilities of the template engine. An example of the final result I want to achieve - http://www.netvibes.com/. This is the bare minimum, the actual application would be much more heavier. As far as JSF is concerned I am very new to the concept. The tech stack consist of Spring, iBatis, ReST WebServices. Any inputs - wise or foolish, from your experience or from your imagination is welcome. Thanks a ton, to whoever has come this far...

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact