Difference between calling a servlet using Anchor tag in a jsp and calling using URLConnection Object.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, July 4, 2008 02:35 AM

Hi, I would like to know what is the difference between calling a servler using Anchor tag in a JSP and calling using URLConnection. The Basic Requirement : I have a Servlet (Servlet 1 ) in Appserver 1 . I am calling another Servlet (Servlet 2) in App servlet 2 in a new window Using a Link in Servlet 1. I am passing the session id from servlet 1 to servlet 2 My Basic Requirement here is after going to servlet 2 i wanted to fetch the Session of servlet and stop it from invalidating.. Now in Servlet 2 : Condition 1 : If i use a Anchor Tag and call servlet 1 as a Url then I am able   More>>

Hi,

I would like to know what is the difference between calling a servler using Anchor tag in a JSP and calling using URLConnection.

The Basic Requirement :

I have a Servlet (Servlet 1 ) in Appserver 1 . I am calling another Servlet (Servlet 2) in App servlet 2 in a new window Using a Link in Servlet 1. I am passing the session id from servlet 1 to servlet 2

My Basic Requirement here is after going to servlet 2 i wanted to fetch the Session of servlet and stop it from invalidating..

Now in Servlet 2 :

Condition 1 :

If i use a Anchor Tag and call servlet 1 as a Url then I am able to fetch the old session and revalidate it.. I am sending jsession id in the url.

Url looks something like this :

http:// : / /ServletName;jsessionid= ?

In this case in the Servlet I am getting the following :

isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie = true

Instead of Anchor Tag if i use URLConnection object to call the Same url as above I am not able to get the existing session in servlet 1..

In this case in servlet 1 i am getting isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie = false

The Following is things i have set in URLConnection..
objURLConnection.setRequestProperty( "Referer", conHeader );
objURLConnection.setDoOutput(false);
objURLConnection.setDoInput(true)

Kindly help me in Solving this issue.

Thanks

Venkatesh S    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact