dcsimg
Errors when emerging eclipse on Gentoo Linux
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daniel_Grace
Posted On:   Saturday, June 14, 2008 01:40 PM

Below are the errors I get when I emerge eclipse, are there any ways around these other than installing from source ? ./build: line 74: 32486 Killed ant -q -buildfile build.xml $target -DinstallOs=$os -DinstallWs=$ws -DinstallArch=$arch $compilelibs $bootclasspath $java5home * * ERROR: dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3 failed. * Call stack: * ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile * environment, line 4316: Called die * The specific snippet of code: * ./build -os linux -arch ${eclipsearch} -ws gtk -java5home ${java5home} || die "build failed" * The die message: * build failed * * If you need s   More>>

Below are the errors I get when I emerge eclipse, are there any ways around these other than installing from source ?

./build: line 74: 32486 Killed ant -q -buildfile build.xml $target -DinstallOs=$os -DinstallWs=$ws -DinstallArch=$arch $compilelibs $bootclasspath $java5home
* ERROR: dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 4316: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* ./build -os linux -arch ${eclipsearch} -ws gtk -java5home ${java5home} || die "build failed"
* The die message:
* build failed
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3/temp/environment'.
!!! When you file a bug report, please include the following information:
GENTOO_VM=blackdown-jdk-1.4.2 CLASSPATH="" JAVA_HOME="/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03"
JAVACFLAGS="-source 1.4 -target 1.4" COMPILER=""
and of course, the output of emerge --info

* Messages for package dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3:

* Don't have at least 768MBytes RAM
* Bad things may happen! You may abort the build by pressing ctrl+c in
* the next 15 seconds.
* ERROR: dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 4316: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* ./build -os linux -arch ${eclipsearch} -ws gtk -java5home ${java5home} || die "build failed"
* The die message:
* build failed
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/eclipse-sdk-3.2.1-r3/temp/environment'.

<<Less

Re: Errors when emerging eclipse on Gentoo Linux

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 14, 2008 04:49 PM

The Gentoo forums are going to be the best source for answers to this one. Like Robert said, this is a Gentoo Specific problem. But initially, it looks like you have the wrong JVM installed.... You are using a Blackdown 1.4 JDK and you need at LEAST Sun 1.5 JDK.

I am a Gentoo Linux User and have been for many years, so I know the docs and forums on Gentoo are the best.

1. Make sure you have the correct JDK installed and configured. Gentoo has a GREAT set of Documents on that and Java on Gentoo Linux.

2. Check out the compile log that is under the directory described in your error message. It may tell you more.

I have Eclipse running under Gentoo Linux/KDE and when I had the correct version of Java (I have 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 all installed and have set 1.6 as my default. I had to do a lot of unmasking to get that one to work.) things work correctly.

Stephen McConnell
Tux's Little Helper userid Scawa on Gentoo

Re: Errors when emerging eclipse on Gentoo Linux

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 14, 2008 03:57 PM

Sorry, that sounds more like a gentoo-specific question, and something necessarily related to writing java (or related) code. That is just to say: your odds of anyone knowing anything here, and replying, are fairly slim. (Plus, you didn't properly format the message, so it is really hard to read.)
About | Sitemap | Contact