dcsimg
HelloApplet class not found
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_Cusimano
Posted On:   Sunday, June 8, 2008 03:07 PM

Welcome Applet!! My applet runs fine with the internal browser in Eclipse 3.2. However, when I try running it in IE 7, I always get the class not found error message. I created a folder on my C drive and placed the HelloApplet.class file and the html file that calls the applet in the same folder. However, I keep getting the class not found error. I am running JRE 1.6.06. In what folder is Java looking for the class file? I have double checked that the class name is spelled correctly in my html code. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Below is my html code:    More>>
Welcome Applet!!

My applet runs fine with the internal browser in Eclipse 3.2. However, when I try running it in IE 7, I always get the class not found error message.

I created a folder on my C drive and placed the HelloApplet.class file and the html file that calls the applet in the same folder. However, I keep getting the class not found error. I am running JRE 1.6.06.

In what folder is Java looking for the class file? I have double checked that the class name is spelled correctly in my html code. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Below is my html code:

<<Less

Re: HelloApplet class not found

Posted By:   unni_maya  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 27, 2008 08:15 AM

put your html file in the same folder as HelloApplet.class and edit your html file as

Answer Message

HelloApplet class not found
Topic: Applets
David Cusimano, Jun 8, 2008 [replies]
My applet runs fine with the internal browser in Eclipse 3.2. However, when I try running it in IE 7, I always get the class not found error message.
I created a folder on my C drive and placed the HelloApplet.class file and the html file that calls the applet in the same folder. However, I keep getting the class not found error. I am running JRE 1.6.06.

In what folder is Java looking for the class file? I have double checked that the class name is spelled correctly in my html code. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Below is my html code:

Welcome Applet!!

and double click on html you will.

Re: HelloApplet class not found

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Sunday, June 8, 2008 04:22 PM

You should be running your applet from a web server like Apache or Tomcat. The address in the applet tag is going to be relative to your web app root address.

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact