unable to display error message upon JSF Validation --Using h:messages with PartialSubmit="true" on commandButton
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   tomy_joseph
Posted On:   Friday, May 30, 2008 12:42 PM

Hi, I am unable to display error message upon JSF Validation. CommandButton is set as shown below, note that partial trigger is set to true. returnListener="#{EditApplicant.returnFromConfirm}" styleClass="icoButtonCommon" disabled="#{EditApplicant.saveCancelDisable}" action="#{EditApplicant.saveEditApplicant}" > JSF page field value="EnterManualApp.errMsgs.FName.REQUIRED" /> h:message tag When I set the partialSubmit tag to false.. I can see the error message if the firstname(fname) is not    More>>

Hi,

I am unable to display error message upon JSF Validation.

CommandButton is set as shown below, note that partial trigger is set to true.

returnListener="#{EditApplicant.returnFromConfirm}" styleClass="icoButtonCommon" disabled="#{EditApplicant.saveCancelDisable}" action="#{EditApplicant.saveEditApplicant}" >

JSF page field

value="EnterManualApp.errMsgs.FName.REQUIRED" />

h:message tag

When I set the partialSubmit tag to false.. I can see the error message if the firstname(fname) is not entered However I don't see it when it is true.

I also tried setting the btn Id with the messages tag.

Any suggestions to display the error message when the partialSubmit is set to true on commandbutton would be very helpful.

Thanks
Tomy
   <<Less

Re: unable to display error message upon JSF Validation --Using h:messages with PartialSubmit="true" on commandButton

Posted By:   tomy_joseph  
Posted On:   Friday, May 30, 2008 02:07 PM

Sorry CommandButton tag is missing.

commandButton id="btnNext" text="Save"

partialSubmit="true" partialTriggers="lnkEmployment" useWindow="true" windowHeight="300" windowWidth="300"

returnListener="#{EditApplicant.returnFromConfirm}"

styleClass="icoButtonCommon" disabled="#{EditApplicant.saveCancelDisable}" action="#{EditApplicant.saveEditApplicant}"

About | Sitemap | Contact