JSF field validation to be bypassed
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rahul_Chenni
Posted On:   Friday, May 2, 2008 05:13 PM

Application is working on JBOSS Seam I have a user registration screen which has almost 50 fields, in which I have used seam validator, required field attribute and some custom validator.... to validate the fields... I also have a "Save and Exit" Button, on click of which I am not suppose to validate any of these, and just persist the data entered on the screen. I cannot use the "immediate" attribute set to true for the submit button, as the other field data will not be populated into the backing bean. I planned to write a phaselistener... Which will skip the Phase_validation lifecycle of the JSF, where the actual validation happens I am not able to bypass the PHASE_VALIDATION, however I am    More>>

Application is working on JBOSS Seam

I have a user registration screen which has almost 50 fields, in which I have used seam validator, required field attribute and some custom validator.... to validate the fields...
I also have a "Save and Exit" Button, on click of which I am not suppose to validate any of these, and just persist the data entered on the screen.

I cannot use the "immediate" attribute set to true for the submit button, as the other field data will not be populated into the backing bean.

I planned to write a phaselistener... Which will skip the Phase_validation lifecycle of the JSF, where the actual validation happens
I am not able to bypass the PHASE_VALIDATION, however I am able to capture the event before and after... but not able to skip that.....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Rahul

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact