Java Script and controlling aplet to load images dynamicly
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gong_Boi
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 29, 2008 09:00 AM

Dear all I have an applet in my web page that is something like this: This is pretty much one of those panoramic viewers that i bought of the shelf a while ago. The room is the actual panoramic that i would like to view in the applet. But i have close to 500 of those images. IT would be a bit nonsense to create 500 of those room parameters. I know the image name of the image i would like to load. Is it possible to do a bit of trickery to that with some javascript? Pretty much all i would like to do is have the dynamic loading of images.All the other parameters can be same. Any a   More>>

Dear all

I have an applet in my web page that is something like this:

This is pretty much one of those panoramic viewers that i bought of the shelf a while ago.

The room is the actual panoramic that i would like to view in the applet.

But i have close to 500 of those images. IT would be a bit nonsense to create 500 of those room parameters.

I know the image name of the image i would like to load. Is it possible to do a bit of trickery to that with some javascript?

Pretty much all i would like to do is have the dynamic loading of images.All the other parameters can be same.

Any advice would be apreciated...

Cheers
DAn    <<Less

Re: Java Script and controlling aplet to load images dynamicly

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:21 AM

If you want to use the applet you have, there is a way for JavaScript to communicate with Applets IF there is a method in the Applet that provides a handle into it. By using the tag instead of the tag, you load the applet as an object that can be accessed with JavaScript. But again, there has to be an API to call. And you can only pass String objects into the method.... The JavaScript numeric data types are not compatible.

I don't know the specifics of your applet, but in Applets that I have written, I was able to do this.

Stephen McConnell