Problems moving to RichFaces v3.2
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nagarajan_Sivakumar
Posted On:   Monday, April 7, 2008 12:48 PM

I have been using JSF for the last month or so (RichFaces version 3.1.4 and JSF RI 1.2_04-b10-p01) running against Apache Tomcat 6.0.16 While trying to move to the 3.2 version, it looks like my tags are not recognized any more - the same tags which work as expected when using 3.1.4 and myfaces implementation If there are people out there who faced similar problems while moving to 3.2, it would be great if they could provide some insights. A little background on the code There is a main JSP page that includes two other JSP pages both of which use Rich Menu Items.both these are enclosed by tags as needed. Here is the error in one of these 2 JSPs ******************************************    More>>

I have been using JSF for the last month or so (RichFaces version 3.1.4 and JSF RI 1.2_04-b10-p01) running against Apache Tomcat 6.0.16

While trying to move to the 3.2 version, it looks like my tags are not recognized any more - the same tags which work as expected when using 3.1.4 and myfaces implementation

If there are people out there who faced similar problems while moving to 3.2, it would be great if they could provide some insights.

A little background on the code
There is a main JSP page that includes two other JSP pages both of which use Rich Menu Items.both these are enclosed by tags as needed.

Here is the error in one of these 2 JSPs
executePhase(RENDER_RESPONSE 6,com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextImpl@12478a9) threw exception

javax.faces.FacesException: Parent menu for menu group (id=j_id_jsp_2145090576_0pc2:j_id_jsp_2145090576_2pc2) has not been found.
at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.MenuItemRendererDelegate.getParentMenu(MenuItemRendererDelegate.java:167)
at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.MenuItemRendererDelegate.processInlineStyles(MenuItemRendererDelegate.java:128)
at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.MenuItemRendererBase.processInlineStyles(MenuItemRendererBase.java:245)
at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.MenuItemRendererBase.initializeResources(MenuItemRendererBase.java:150)
at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.MenuItemRenderer.doEncodeEnd(MenuItemRenderer.java:203)
at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.MenuItemRenderer.doEncodeEnd(MenuItemRenderer.java:288)
at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.encodeEnd(RendererBase.java:135)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:833)
at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicRenderer.encodeRecursive(HtmlBasicRenderer.java:279)
at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.GridRenderer.encodeChildren(GridRenderer.java:242)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:809)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:886)
at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:137)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:809)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:886)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:892)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.doRenderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:244)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:175)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:108)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:189)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:106)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:251)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:144)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:245)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:147)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:276)
at org.ajax4jsf.Filter.doFilter(Filter.java:175)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.cpd.spg.tfa.util.TFASessionFilter.doFilter(TFASessionFilter.java:45)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:147)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

<<Less

Re: Problems moving to RichFaces v3.2 - SOLUTION

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 17, 2008 09:55 AM

There was a bug in 3.1.4 that would allow you to use rich:menuItem without having to enclose them in a menu like rich:dropDownMenu.

This was fixed in 3.2.

Make sure you enclose menuItems in a menu tag. I had the same problem and this resolved it.

For more info check out this post on jboss forum: http://www.jboss.com/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133334

Re: Problems moving to RichFaces v3.2

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 8, 2008 10:04 AM

I have the same issues...

I have a project that was working fine in 3.1.4 (pi). When I moved to Rich 3.2 I caused all kinds of issues.

I had to update my eclipse, update tomcat to v6, update myFaces to 1.22 and JSTL to 1.2.

I am not able to compile anymore and seeing a lot of issued with tags being recogized.

Very stange....At this point I am thing about moving back to 3.14 version.

My only problem is that I need to use a fileUpload. With RichFaces it breaks Tomahawk t:fileupload to I have to move to rich:fileupload.

I am stuck..waiting to see how to fix my issues...

Phil
About | Sitemap | Contact