CommandLink calling Action listener method alternately
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Peter_Januarius
Posted On:   Thursday, April 3, 2008 10:24 PM

I am using MyFaces (JSF 1.1). The problem is that a commandLink component is behaving inconsistently. It is firing correctly on every other click, ie click 1,3,5. On clicks 2,4 & 6 it is merely forwarding to the same page without executing the action method which it is bound to. The client code looks like this: Print Preview The reason it is failing is because on the 'even' clicks the lifecycle is going: RESTORE_VIEW, RENDER_RESPONSE. Therefore the action method never gets fired. My understanding is that it only will do this if it can't find a previously restored view ie. if it recognises this as a postback. So why does it follow the lifecycle on the even clicks but n   More>>

I am using MyFaces (JSF 1.1). The problem is that a commandLink component is behaving inconsistently. It is firing correctly on every other click, ie click 1,3,5. On clicks 2,4 & 6 it is merely forwarding to the same page without executing the action method which it is bound to. The client code looks like this:

Print Preview

The reason it is failing is because on the 'even' clicks the lifecycle is going: RESTORE_VIEW, RENDER_RESPONSE. Therefore the action method never gets fired. My understanding is that it only will do this if it can't find a previously restored view ie. if it recognises this as a postback.

So why does it follow the lifecycle on the even clicks but not the odd ones?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact