interaction between 2 screens
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Saurav_Acharya
Posted On:   Thursday, March 13, 2008 02:02 PM

Hi, I have a situation here. This is more of a UI scenario. I have a screen(A) developed in jsp which has a table and one of the column's value is dropdown box called 'Status'. There are four values in that i.e Pending, Authorised, Query and Rejected. There are many rows in this table.When the user selects Query or Rejected another screen(B) should come up where the user can do certain things. There are 2 buttons on screen B i.e SAVE and Cancel. There are 4 situations here based on what the user selects on screen A: 1> If the user selects 'Query' on screen A, screen B will come up. User fills in whatever on screen B and clicks SAVE. This will save the data to the database AND at the same time it will update the 'Status' dropdow   More>>

Hi,

I have a situation here. This is more of a UI scenario. I have a screen(A) developed in jsp which has a table and one of the column's value is dropdown box called 'Status'. There are four values in that i.e Pending, Authorised, Query and Rejected. There are many rows in this table.When the user selects Query or Rejected another screen(B) should come up where the user can do certain things. There are 2 buttons on screen B i.e SAVE and Cancel. There are 4 situations here based on what the user selects on screen A:

1> If the user selects 'Query' on screen A, screen B will come up. User fills in whatever on screen B and clicks SAVE. This will save the data to the database AND at the same time it will update the 'Status' dropdown on screen A to 'Query'. Screen B should go off upon SAVE.

2> If the user selects 'Query' on screen A, screen B will come up. User does not fill in anything on screen B and clicks CANCEL. This will NOT save the data to the database BUT it will update the 'Status' dropdown on screen A to 'Query'. Screen B should go off upon CANCEL.

3> If the user selects 'Rejected' on screen A, screen B will come up. User HAS TO fill in whatever on screen B and clicks SAVE. This will save the data to the database AND at the same time it will REMOVE the entire row on screen A. Screen B should go off upon SAVE.

4> If the user selects 'Rejected' on screen A, screen B will come up. User MAY fill in whatever on screen B and clicks CANCEL. This will close screen B AND at the same time update the dropdown box on screen A with the last user selection i.e suppose the last status was Pending and the user selected 'Rejected' then if the user clicks on CANCEL on screen B then Status on screen A should default to 'Pending' in the dropdown down box.

How could I achieve this with JSF or javascript?

Any help from you experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Saurav

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact