compiling a netbeans project in windows command prompt. error:'package org.jdesktop.layout does not exist'
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sunil_hebbar
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 4, 2008 01:16 AM

Hi.
I'm using netbeans ide 6.0 to create a gui. i want to compile n run the source code generated by netbeans ide using windows command prompt. how do i do it? i tried the usual way of using javac on the .java file. it gave me compilation errors, about 40 of them, each of them was of the form
'package org.jdesktop.layout does not exist'. what should i do to overcome the error?
thanks

Re: compiling a netbeans project in windows command prompt. error:'package org.jdesktop.layout does not exist'

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 4, 2008 08:50 PM

The layout manager you are using with the netbeans GUI builder is not any of the core managers that java provides for you. Basically you are using code provided in a 3rd-party jar file. You will need to make this available in the classpath (using any of the normal techniques for this) when you run the compile command. In this case, I'm not sure what jar file(s) you would need (try a google search) as I've still not found a GUI builder that I like, nor am I up to speed on netbeans specifically.
About | Sitemap | Contact